I came across Henrik Edberg's discussion of 9 Mistakes That Can Kill Your Personal Growth last week, but I was so sick* that I could do no more than mark it as something to respond to later.
- Thinking you already know everything
- Being confused by the marketing hype
- Not taking action
- Giving up
- Worrying about/listening to what others think
- Dabbling with it
- Having unreasonable expectations
- Failing to/not wanting to (at least start to) understand yourself
- Not taking responsibility for yourself
[via Raven's (excellent) Brain]
I like his intro that says, "I have certainly made a lot of them. More than once." Ain't that the truth. I could tell stories about each of these, but I'll let you remember your own.
* How sick? I didn't have coffee for two days.