In case you don't realize it, I drink a lot of coffee. Several people on Twitter pointed to this LiveScience article on 10 Things You Need to Know About Coffee. The links below lead to further discussion on the topic at LiveScience.
- Caffeine Can Kill You
- Coffee Can Be Good For You
- Caffeine Might Boost Female Sex Drive
- Caffeine Might Cut Pain
- Caffeine Can Indeed Keep You Up at Night
- Decaf Coffee Has Caffeine!
- Decaffeination Uses Chemicals
- Caffeine Is Not The Bitter Culprit
- Great Coffee Depends on Roasting and Brewing
- Coffee Was Discovered by Goats
While all the science is interesting, this lists misses a number of things about coffee as a social lubricant. Meeting over the communal coffee pot at work, or meeting for coffee at a shop somewhere is an excellent way to learn and share and build bonds with one another.
[Photo credit: "green Ethiopian coffee" from tonx]